We are excited to include choirs from around the country in this festival! For the purpose of this festival “choral singers” include student and children’s choirs as well as adult individuals and groups. “Vocalists” are vocal majors and opera singers. Please note, we offer our out-of-town choirs an optional comprehensive tour package.
All participants receive:
- Invitations to a Welcome Reception on Wednesday, November 6, including drinks and snacks, and a Celebratory Reception on Saturday, November 9, including hors’ d’oeuvres, drinks, and live entertainment
- Two concerts at the Koger Center for the Arts for performances of Dona Nobis Pacem and the Opera Orchestral Gala supported by our professional concert publicity and stage management.
- Festival T-shirt
- Digital photos of all festiva participants
- Two complimentary tickets to both Dona Nobis Pacem and the Opera Gala (4 tickets total).
Choral Singers, your participation fee also includes:
- Choral and choral-orchestral rehearsals with Maestro Gregory Buchalter
- A recording of the two final performances (1 per choir)
- Professionally designed program booklets to feature all participating choirs
Additional services provided to choir tour participants
- 5 nights lodging and breakfast in a 4-star Columbia hotel
- Arrangements to perform separately as an individual choir in a concert venue in Columbia (20 singers or more)
- Guided tours of Columbia and Charleston with a professional tour guide
- Ground transportation in private a/c motor coach and driver
- Full-time tour manager
- add in cities on tour
Conducting students, your participation fee also includes:
- Three two-hour score-study conducting sessions with festival Maestro Gregory Buchalter and an accompanist.
- Podium time during the choral rehearsals at the discretion of the Maestro
- Choral and choral-orchestral rehearsals with the Maestro
- Rehearsals and podium time with a string ensemble
- Opportunity to conduct one piece at the String Chamber Recital
- Video recording of conducting rehearsals and recital with String Chamber
Vocalist, your participation fee also includes
- One voice lesson with a USC voice faculty member
- One coaching session with a USC voice faculty member
- Opportunity to audit a master class with Maestro Gregory Buchalter
- Young Artists will receive choral and choral-orchestral rehearsals with Maestro Buchalter
- Young Artists will be featured in an Opera Showcase Recital, performing 1 aria each
- Young Artists will participate in the two concerts at the Koger Center for the Arts: Dona Nobis Pacem and Opera Orchestral Gala
- Soloists will be featured in the Opera Orchestral Gala at the Koger Center, under the baton of Maestro Buchalter (Audition required)
- Select Soloists will also present at the master class with Maestro Buchalter
- Optional Coaching for vocalists with opera coach Marek Ruszczynski from the Royal Opera House of London: $150/session
Cost per person for choirs not using our tour services: Children/Students choir members: $150; Adult choir members: $200.
Choral Tour participants: Children/student choirs $790 per person (quadruple occupancy)
Adult choirs: $890 per person (double occupancy)
Conducting students $500
Vocalists: Soloists and Young Artists: $500