Explore the magnificent city of Rome with its unparalleled history, impressive monuments, archaeological sites, renowned cuisine, and lively atmosphere. Visit the Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, the Vatican, Colosseum, and Forum Romanum while taking our walking guided tours or exploring on your own.
Visit the shining jewel of the Renaissance where chisels brought Michelangelo’s David to life! Spend a few days under the Tuscan sun exploring the medieval splendors among Florence’s rolling hills, followed by a breath-taking visit to the Chianti area.
Discover the beauty of this unforgettable city where a profusion of domes and luminous mosaics await us. Visit St. Mark’s Square and the Accademia - a great way to cross centuries of Venetian history through wonderful paintings depicting ancient musical instruments.
Wander about the streets of this charming UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its well-preserved 14 towers and incredible ancient architecture, featuring buildings of the Romanesque and Gothic styles.
Participants may pay with checks or by credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). Credit card payments are subject to a 3% processing fee.
- Three performances of Mozart Requiem and choral repertoire, per Dr. Hatteberg
- Ten nights lodging in 4-star hotels in Rome, Florence, and Veneto areas Italy (double occupancy)
- Half-board: Breakfasts and dinners daily, based on the tour itinerary
- Ground transportation throughout the tour (A/C coach and driver) and Mestre – Venice train tickets
- Procurement of concert venues (churches or cathedrals)
- Engagement of professional orchestra and soloists for all scheduled rehearsals and concerts
- Professional concert publicity
- Professional concert management
- Professional, English-speaking Tour managers (1 per bus)
- Guided tours per the tour itinerary with local English-speaking licensed guides
- Entrance fees to sights, based on tour itinerary
- Roundtrip airfare: Varna International will provide a group airfare quote (for 10 people or more), or individual airfare quotes, upon request (not included in the above payment schedule). Tour participants who purchase their own airfare are responsible to secure and pay for their own airport transfers.
- Single occupancy: $100 per night, per person
- Travel insurance: Participants obtain their own travel insurance.
- Tips and gratuities on provided services / personnel (tour guides, tour managers, bus drivers. Hotel and restaurants personnel): $15 per person, per day. *The tips and gratuities will be collected with the final tour payment.
- Chianti area wine, cheese, and delicacies tasting tour: $120 per person
This performance tour is open to individual choristers and choral ensembles. Partners, significant others, and non-performing travelers are welcome to join the festival tour.
To request the daily tour itinerary, please email [email protected]
Kent Hatteberg is Director of Choral Activities at the University of Louisville and Founder and Artistic Director of the Louisville Chamber Choir. He has led tours and performances in more than 25 countries, most recently in South Africa, Korea, and several European countries. Choirs under his direction have performed at international conventions, festivals, and competitions and at numerous national and regional conventions of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA). He earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Dubuque (Iowa) in piano and voice and the master’s degree and doctorate in choral conducting from The University of Iowa, where he studied with Don V Moses. Named a Fulbright Scholar in 1990, he pursued research on the works of Felix Mendelssohn in Berlin. He conducted the world premiere of Mendelssohn’s Gloria in 1997. He previously taught at Sam Houston State University (Huntsville, TX), Washington High School (Cedar Rapids, IA), and Solon Jr.-Sr. High (Solon, IA).
Dear Fellow Musicians,
I am thrilled to invite you to a breathtaking musical tour of Italy, where we will visit the iconic cities of Rome, Florence, and Venice and perform Mozart’s Requiem in D Minor with full orchestra in beautiful churches and cathedrals. You will experience the vast riches of this beautiful country. Italy’s history, culture, art, architecture, scenery, and cuisine will leave a lasting impression on you. Whether it is your first time to visit Italy or you are a returning traveler, you are destined for a memorable journey to this fascinating country. From the Colosseum in Rome to St. Mark’s Cathedral in Venice, be ready for a tour packed with opportunities and experiences.
Come join me as we explore the genius of Mozart with an international cast of soloists.